Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Call To The Ministry



About my family: we are a family of four so lovely, so interesting, and God fearing, my name is Stephen my wife’s name is Victoria. Our first child’s name is called Praise and our second daughter is Hallelujah she turn 3months old on the 2nd of February 2009. My wife and I got married in 2004 2nd of October after 7 years of courtship. My wife was working fulltime as a secretary in a solid mineral company, while I was self employed as a stylist as well as going to school.
After my university education in 1995 I became a freelance journalist with a monthly paper house in Nigeria. God took me through a lot of trainings, without making me a professional in any of them. I became a bread baker, bus conductor, a house boy. I also went through so many sport training like, wrestling, judo (with a yellow belt) takweando (I have a black belt) basketball, handball, volleyball, football and a little of track events. all of this I did to make life out of it but God took me through all of this to prepare me for the mission field,(am now convinced) however God started talking to me in 1997 by sending me to talk to a Muslim boy called Kasimu,I obeyed did my best to talk to him but God did his work of conviction and the boy got converted to Christ, he is now known as Mathew shorenke an elder in one of the apostolic church in jos Nigeria.
God keep talking to me but I tried to be smart, so he kept me unemployed just to show me that he still control the destiny of Men. in 1999
I answered the call and got admitted into JOS ECWA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY (JETS) I struggled through school because I have to sell off my shop clippers and other equipments to stay focused in school. my coming to Sudan was not accidental I clearly was convinced that missions will be the best for me and God said I will send you to Kenya to meet with peagiggled and then said let his will be done.
Our wedding in 2004, we found ourselves filling out an application form for a confirmed the call that I received. two weeks later we went for interview, a week later our letter of employment was on our hand, but just when we tried to jubilate, the long awaited job from the government came for me to work as a finance assistant with the federal judiciary, another confusion set in. well to cut long story we decided to give up the government offer for the sake of Christ, and his call.


Our work places and station.
The journey to Sudan was not without obstacles, we came to Nairobi in 2006 just as God showed us but have to return home due to fighting in one of the SIM base in Sudan, also due to the lack of multiple entry visas to Kenya where we would be evacuated to encase of any problem in Sudan.
We stayed home in Nigeria for one year and God in his will brought us back in July 2008.we started our ministry in Atar a small community with small number of
People just in the middle of no where.
Accessibility. The only road is the Nile which has to ride on the boat for 8hours before you can buy a cup of rice. But we were able to do what God really wanted us to do. We had a sports ministry with the youths and I was able to purchase a set of jerseys for them and the Sunday school was moving fine, we were planning to produce a video, women ministry by my wife, and then personal evangelism that also gave God 3 new converts. 2 from my sport ministry 1 from the students I was teaching in the school. Some work like in the compound where we live. I was able to renovate the old toilet that has fallen, and then planted some tree nurseries. When the time came for us to have our second baby we went to Kurmuk a small town at the border of Ethiopia. While every other missionary gives birth to their babies in a big hospital in Nairobi God took us to this village and we are the first Sudan missionary to deliver in Sudan and so we named the cute baby Hallelujah. Kurmuk was not left out I started a little bible discussion with 4 Muslims 3 at the place where we stay and then one called saiid at the market. Though we didn’t conclude but God was able to use me to glorify himself by bringing 4 converts to him {from two of my sermons in the church}. Yabus is a new place for me but I was able to contribute when I am needed. I build one cute toilet that we presently use, and
My sport ministry have also started not forgetting my singing ministry; we were able to start a choir at yabus to the glory of God.
A TRIBUTE TO MY WIFE.
Vicky {mama} as I called her is the most beautiful and loving woman in the world{without exaggeration} she stood by me in times of hardship and trials we cried together and comfort each other. Vicky is spirit filled because she left her well paid job to follow me without complain to Sudan and other mission fields we’ve worked at in Nigeria. Sweetheart I will not forget the delicious food you cook for me and the kids {there is no cook like you}.
My son Praise is the most brilliant boy. At 3 years old he can read, write and memorize scriptural verses. Boy he is going to the best pilot in the world. I pray your dream comes true. {This is his dreams and desire}. We say as a family we are hard working and dedicated, committed and loving, it is not by our strength that we do all these, but by the spirit of God. We can all things through Christ that gives us strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment