Saturday, July 4, 2009

AMAZED.

MY SERMON.
I use to wonder that God will use a sinner like me to meet the need of his people, but come to realise that he (God uses the foolish things of this world to confront the wise. I just see the hand of God on me and the small ministry I do as an individual and the one he also gave to me in the team.
This month I really thank God for his sustenance of the things that I and my wife have been doing here in yabus, our women ministry is going on fine, the group of singers (the Levites) is also growing though not too fast as expected due to the members being too busy in school, the sport ministry too is doing good, our discipline and bible studies class is going on fine, so I just give God the praise and want him to take all the glory, my turn came to speak in the church, and I did all my arrangements and went to church on Sunday to do what God will do for himself. I took my reading from the book of Revelation 3:i-6,talking about the church of Sardis. After I gave the background to this book, then I talked about the accusation that this church received from God, and that is that they are dead. I also spoke of the fact that the church have not gone through any persecution, they have not followed false teaching, they are seemed to be spiritually alive but in actual sense they are dead, I then asked what was wrong with this church? and this was my answer to them, the church have been the same with the society, in that you can’t differentiate a Christian from a none Christian, secondly I sad that the church, believers, lastly the church refuse to oppose the ungodly traditions of society but rather they are the ones that promote it the more.
Then I asked our own church in Yabus, are we different from this church of Sardis? I did ask question that applies to the things that the Sardis church neglected and that is the same thing we are also neglecting today in our church. that is : NO WITHNESSING, MINGLING WITH THE SOCIETY,WITH NO CHRISTIAN IDENTITY.UPHOLDING OUR UNGODLY TRADITIONS AND NEGLECTING THE BIBLE,
But I told the church that in the church of Sardis God found few, that are still in total connection with him, so also in this church, there are some few that are still with God, so what about you? You can also be that man with God. And then I made an alter call .to Gods glory 21 people came out to give their lives to God, THE SERMON TIME
THE CONVERTS AFTER THE CHURCH SERVIICE.I PRAY THAT GOD WILL HELP THEM TO BE FAITHFULLIN THEIR NEW FOUND LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment