Saturday, September 12, 2009

BABY DEDICDTION

Never a day with out an event in Sudan, this is one of the ways we talk about this God giving country, Sudan. Tings happen all the time, from one event to the other.
Some are good to see and hear, while some are full of pains and hurt, but this one that I want to talk about is pleasant ad good both to man and also before God.
During one of the Sundays in the church that we worship, we went to church and sat down as usual, then we noticed a man with his wife and a small one week old Baby, the baby looks so beautiful and the mother sat down innocently holding the baby close to her in a coddled manner. then the church leader got up to give his announcements, during the time of the announcement he announced that there is going to be a baby dedication today, and the person that will be dedicating this baby is Pastor Stephen Adamu, I was socked to hear him call my name, ad the person for the dedication.
Though I was not prepared to do such a unique job I tried to write a note to him to tell him that he should do that but he insisted, saying the Childs father is the person that requested me to be the person that will do this, In other not to drag more further I quickly took my Bible and started to see the part that I can read to before I pray for the child, so I opened the book of first Samuel 1:24 and I read the story of how Samuel was dedicated in the temple at Shiloh. Then we prayed for the boy and then I asked for the intended name and the parents said his name will be called Samuel,
So we called him Samuel then, together with the church deacons and elders we lifted the child and prayed a prayer of dedication for him to the Lord.
After the whole service I just prayed in my heart saying God, please give to us in this church a sense of planning, so as to avoid this type of spontaneous incidence.
THE NEW BABY SAMUEL





WELCOME TO THE WORLD,BABY SAMUEL

No comments:

Post a Comment